When you travel in a car, you might notice that your cell phone is not showing any signal. This may result in dropped calls, undelivered texts or slow internet speeds. There are many factors that affect the signal strength in a car, such as distance from the cell tower or obstructions like mountains, tress and buildings. Installing a cellular repeater in your car will improve the weak signal and gives you a better cell reception.
What Is A Cell Phone Booster?
A cell phone booster or a cell phone signal booster is a device that improves weak cell phone signals and strengthens the incoming and outgoing signals. The main job of a signal booster is to take the weak outside cell phone signal around your house or car and amplify it. The amplified signal will be then rebroadcasted to an area with weak signal or no cell reception. A mobile signal booster is compatible with every network carriers.
Causes Of Weak Cell Reception In Your Car
- The strength of a cell phone signal can be reduced by non-conductive materials like plastics, wood, glass, insulation, etc.
- Conductive construction materials, such as copper, steel tin, etc. may also reduce the signal strength.
- Mountains, hills, trees and high buildings can block cell phone signal reception.
- Bad weather can also result in weak cellular reception. Rain, snow, dust, hail, and sleet can reduce the strength of cell phone signal.
- Distance from the cell tower is a factor that affects the strength of cell signal. When you are too far from a cell tower, you will experience weak cellular reception.
Signal Booster Kit Contents For Vehicles
There are mainly four components for a signal booster that can be installed in a car; an outside antenna, signal amplifier, indoor antenna, and a power adaptor. As the name suggests, the outside antenna is installed on the exterior of the car. The antenna will capture the existing signal outside the vehicle. Signal amplifier will receive the weak signal from the outside antenna and amplifies the signal and send it to the indoor antenna. The amplified signal is then rebroadcasted to the devices inside the vehicle. The purpose of the power adapter is to provide power for the booster system.
Will A Cell Phone Booster Work In A Dead Zone?
A cell phone booster requires an existing signal to improve its strength and usability. If there is no signal to begin with, then there is no use of a signal booster. The booster will receive and amplify weak signals and distribute those signals inside the car. When you travel in your car, you will definitely encounter areas with weak cellular reception. During that time, a signal booster in your car will be a blessing.